Thanksgiving + Gingerbread Men Gift Sack
Re purposed Christmas decorations with a stitchery I made last year. The Christmas decorations go up on the 1st December- Monday. It’s only 4 weeks until Christmas. My head is buzzing with ideas.
I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
Things I am thankful for:
1. My family
2. Blogland support- that’s you lot! 🙂
3. The sewing shop I go to, that runs classes- “Patched Pumpkin”. I am so improved on when I started crafting Summer 2007.
4. The natural world around me.
5. My crafting room. I am slowly getting used to having space.
A stitchery gift sack for a Christmas present. Thank you Deb so much for helping me way beyond the call of duty. I think the candy cane lining fabric by Moda is perfect for it.
Cold wet and horrible day- perfect for Onion Soup.
50g /2 oz butter
675g/1 1/2lb finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon castor sugar (optional)
1 level tablespoon flour
salt and pepper
1.2 litres/ 2 pints chicken stock
1. Melt fat and gently cook onion until soft. Add sugar.
2. Add flour and seasonings
3. Add stock, bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins.
Simple, seasonal and filling so very economical.
Served with cheese on toast- some sprinkled with Worcestershire sauce for a tangy taste. It tastes wonderful when dunked in the onion soup.
A local graveyard sculpture.
Posted in Uncategorized by House Elf with 15 comments.