Finale Sophie’s Universe

IMG_2441

Part 17

IMG_2442

Part 18

IMG_2443

Part 18 close up

This was the official end of Sophie’s Universe but there was the option of adding a border, so I did.

IMG_2444

Da Dar! Sophie’s Universe all finished.

19 days in the making learning American Crochet terms as I went along.

IMG_2446

It was all made from acrylic yarn in stash.

If you are looking for a project to help you learn more crochet techniques, I can recommend this one. There were photo tutorials throughout and also videos for when you got stuck.

IMG_2447

Close up of the border with yellow tulips.

IMG_2448

Sorry this blog post is 2 days late. I’ve been back home.

IMG_2449

i made a pair of socks while travelling. I’ll share them next time along with some pics of home.

Posted in Crafts by with 7 comments.

Comments

• Anne Marie says:

Yippie You made a wonderful finish!!!
    So colorful and lots and lots of work… I am impressed Melanie 🙂

• Deb says:

Wow it looks so different with the border. Fantastic outcome.
    So how was Oxford?

• Gorgeous X 2! What else can I say? What can you do next? I mean it’s going to be hard to top that.
    Hugs

• Tracy says:

Woooo-hoooo!! Feels like we should have a BIG party to celebrate this beautiful finish! I guess that is what we’re doing here in the comments! It is just such a SPECTACULAR finish, Melanie! It’s just outrageously gorgeous and brilliant and beautiful! As Terri say, this one’s going to be hard to beat. Kind of one of those once-in-a-lifetime type of projects. So VERY HAPPY for you that you had some good time home in Oxford. Look forward to news/pics from your trip! 🙂 Is that an Oxford cake?! Happy days settling in again… ((HUGS))

• Ulla says:

Sophie’s Universe is amazing, and you have learned many new tricks for future projects.

• Sylvia says:

Dear Melanie,
    your Sofie’s Universe is just gorgeous. Love the colors and all the different crochet techniques. A unique piece of art.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

• Lynn says:

Wow! It’s a work of art! It’s so beautiful you could hang it up. Really exquisite work.