Life keeps getting in the way!

image

News here: son is painting the outside of the house this Summer. He has got into the university he most wanted. I didn’t think he would make it especially as on results day (Thursday) there was nothing in his online uni application with UCAS. I spent 9-3pm chasing it with numerous calls to his college, the exam board and the uni itself until we got the results, could email the uni, and let them discuss his application. They then accepted him. Flop bot with relief!

image

I am getting heartily fed up of wordpress. A friend said I was coming up as a no reply blogger and I hadn’t altered a thing! I mean look at how it has loaded my pic from the i pad! Ridiculous! It shows how i am currently storing my cheap acrylic yarn in the old cupboards from the laundry room.

image

It also hasn’t loaded my pics in order! This is the finished 1-2 year jumper for the One Day box.

image

I raided the scrap hamper for 2″ squares in the same colours as the embroidery threads used in Quilting Mouse BOM.

image

3 ply african violet crochet in bamboo yarn. I have 7 so far and hope to make a baby blanket for the One Day box.

image

The car has new rims. The state of the roads left the old ones so dented we had to keep pumping the tyres full of air.

image

Squeak had a dental. 2 weeks later a lump came up below her eye near where she had had an extraction. Daughter took her to the vets yesterday (Friday) after passing her driving test! So so pleased for her as it will give her a whole new lease of life. The lump is air! Squeak is now on rheumacam and had an antibiotic anti inflammatory injection. If it hasn’t gone by Monday then Squeak is back at the vets.

image

I bought a new purse in a sale as it went with my half price i pad case. Daughter can now have her old purse back.

I love the bright cheerfulness!

image

A friend chose a dog from Jodie’s Cyprus Dog Rehoming.  So I made a 5cm collar and 3.8cm wide lead.

image

40 tissue holders to Jodie Cyprus Dog Rehoming as the friend was going down to Shrewsbury to pick her dog up and offered to take things down for me.

image

So I finished a little red dog coat.

image

12 lilac strong 2m long leads 19mm wide.

image

6 purple 2m long leads 19mm wide.

image

3 short leads 19mm wide made from roll ends.

image

4 very long leads 25mm wide.

image

And finally a dark green small dog coat.

image

Home wise there is a new addition to the laundry room.

image

I restored a 2nd hand Victorian airer, so we now have 2  and hopefully no more radiator drying over Winter.

image

I also made some spice cookies from the first cook book the children ever had. They have been a firm favourite since they were little.

Wow what a year of change it has been. I have a degree, daughter can drive, husband has a job, son is off to uni! I am so sorry it has come at cost to this neglected blog.

Please bear with me, I am slowly catching up with you all.

Posted in Crafts, Uncategorized by with 8 comments.

Comments

• Dear Melanie,
    so much great things comming togehter here in the post. A delight to read it and being able to find out that everythign is going so well.
    Wonderful makings too and lots of them. Congratulations to everybody for being exepted to University, passing the drivers test and all the beautiful finishes.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

• Annie says:

Melanie,Congrats on all counts! Wonderful news about your degree, husband’s job, daughter can drive and son got into Uni.
    Poor Squeak, kisses to her. You are amazing and an angel to make all those wonderful gifts for the dogs in need. And your makings are wonderful as usual. Nice addition to the laundry and car.
    I hope things quiet down a bit for you now. xoxo

• Ulla says:

What a lot of wonderful things! Your son needs to reach a little higher still to finish the painting. Good practice for his Uni career, reaching higher there too. Congratulations to him, and to his sister too for the driving licence. The African Violet baby blanket will look very sweet. Bamboo yarn feels good and washes well, perfect choice. The Quilting Mouse looks like you could not stop sewing once you get your squares arranged. I just love that phase of making a quilt when the pieces come together. – The laundry room is beautiful now after all your hard work.

• Anne-Lise says:

Busy bee! You have made a lot of lovelies And congratulations to you all for your achievements!
    I haven’t tried wordpress, but I am having trouble uploading photos to Blogger from my I-pad ( my Mac has shut down ) so no pics for a while …
    I hope Squeak is better.
    hugs

• Anne Marie says:

Congrats on your degree Melanie!!! WOW !!!
    It is very good to hear from you and yes I would say that you have lots of positive changed around you along with other stuff !!!
    Take care !

• Anonymous says:

HOORAY for Son getting into uni–and at his place of choice too! HAPPY DANCE along with you all! :o) But NOT having to spent a whole day on the phone having to help sort it all out. Goodness… And HOORAY for Daughter passing her driving test and now driving everywhere–wonderful new too! Had to smile over the sideways pic… I sometimes wonder if technology is really helping us? ;o) LOVELY to see all your yarn arranged so tidy–and great use for old cupboard. LOVE the rainbow-striped jumper. I reminds me a bit of Kaffe Fassett! Really love the colors and pattern for the Quilting Mouse–love the softness… Poor Squeak–shes been through a bit lately. Hope she will be OK… LOVE the fun C. Kidston hexie design–super-sweet purse & Pad cover!! *SWOON* That is LOT of tissue covers… WOW! Are you sewing in your sleep now? ;o) Sweet little dog coats–ADORABLE! That red one is so cheerful. So many dog leads for hopeful dogs. :o) Oh, those Victorian airers make a terrific addition to your Victorian laundry room–well done! And well-deserved biscuits at the end… So much to celebrate there–and I’m soooo HAPPY for all of you in that. Good things come to those who wait in hope… :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))

• A lovely year of changes! Congrats to you and your son on his acceptance to the uni of his choice. Congrats to your daughter, too. A DL is so important. Love driving.
    Don’t worry about us… nothing much happening here…. Did make it into our new house on Friday last. Now all the work to unpack. Ugh.
    Hugs

• Lynn says:

I’m so happy that your son got into the university he wanted. It made the time and stress you expended worth it. And your daughter has gotten her license! Doesn’t it feel good, that everyone is growing and moving on to bigger things? You as always have been so busy, your mouse needlework is really progressing. And the sweater is so bright and happy. One day it will be worn by a little one, fun to think of that day isn’t it?